Appointment GuidelinesMay 27, 2020
To our Beloved Clients:
As many of you already know, we are eager to get back into Salon Bleu and to see you all. We are now open and taking appointments. Some stylists/barbers will be returning slowly so bear with us at the beginning moments. Here are the guidelines mandated by the government and State Board. We are aware of the mixed emotions that may come with your first experience back, so we are reaching out to prepare you for the new experience at Salon Bleu and to let you know that we are taking your health and the health of all stylists very seriously. Our salon will not be open unless we are confident that we have taken every possible measure to provide our guests with the safest experience imaginable.
While we will not be able to shake your hand or give you a hug (for now!), please know how excited we are to welcome you back.
We have put a great deal of thought and care into making sure our salon environment is as safe and sanitized as possible for you and our stylists. Be assured that we have all been extensively trained in sanitizing and sterilization, as required, and often checked on, through our State Board of Cosmetology and Barbering.
Here is what you can expect and the ways you can help us to maintain a safe environment and experience for everyone:
What you can expect from Salon Bleu to keep your visits safe:
- Prior to opening each day, the shop will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized consistent with all local and FEDERAL ordinances.
- Our door handles will be wiped down frequently.
- Shared salon chairs and surfaces will be wiped down frequently.
- The common area will be free of magazines, coffee machines and any other frequently handled items.
- We will be unable to hug or shake hands with our clients at this time. This is as hard on us as it is on you, so please do not feel slighted as we uphold this health measure.
- Our stylists will be required to wear a CDC-recommended face mask that covers the nose and mouth for your entire service.
- Our stylists will wash their hands frequently, and wipes and hand sanitizer will be available throughout the shop for your use.
- We will not be offering our client room to hang your coats and bags. We ask that these items remain with you in your chair or that the client come into the salon with as few personal items as possible.
- We will be unable to offer refreshments for the time being other than disposable water bottles. As such, if you require hydration, please bring your reusable water bottle with you.
- Stations and chairs are wiped down and sanitized between all services.
- Each client will receive a freshly washed and dried cape before any
- We will ask our clients to make inquiries about products for purchase, which your stylist/barber will fulfill. Clients will not be able to pick up the products nor will there be any testers or samples available during this time. All product purchases will be gathered up, bagged, and brought to the client in the styling chair.
- Towards the end of your service, we will total up your services, inclusive of any gratuity and home care products. Our staff will ring your card at the front desk and no signature will be necessary at this time. A receipt will be returned with your credit card. Our credit card terminals will be wiped and sanitized frequently. We will also provide envelopes for cash or check payments to be made at the styling station. Note, at this time, your stylist/barber will not be able to make change for any cash payments so please prepare to have the exact amount with you if you are paying by cash.
- We will fulfill any product purchases for clients who don’t have an appointment by individuals placing the orders ahead of time so the purchase can be completed curbside.
- We will not be booking future appointments at the front desk. To shorten your time in the public space, we will booking your next service during your appointment or be contacting you immediately afterwards to book your next service.
- For the health and well-being of our community, please know that any stylist presenting symptoms will discontinue working for a minimum 14 days and you will be immediately contacted for a rescheduled appointment.
What we need our Clients to do to ensure we maintain a safe environment for you to return to:
- Please come alone to your appointment. We will not accommodate additional family members or friends. If you require assistance to get to your appointment, whoever brings you must wait outside.
- We are not accepting walk-in appointments at this time. Appointments should be made in advance by scheduling over the phone, online, through text with your stylist, through email or via other messaging services.
- When you arrive for your appointment, we ask that you call the shop or your stylist/barber to advise that you have arrived and parked. Please wait in your car or in our Courtyard until you are notified by phone or text that your stylist is ready to begin your services. This measure is being taken both to eliminate clients in the waiting area and to ensure that the styling station has been fully sanitized prior to your entry.All clients are expected to wear a face mask upon arrival. No persons will be permitted to enter the building without one. Disposable masks will be provided for a $1 fee.
- Until further notice no face to face services will be available. Including waxing, threading, shaving, beard trims.
- Prior to entering the shop, a touch-less infrared thermometer will be used to take each guest’s temperature. If your temperature is elevated, we will be forced to cancel your appointment and re-book it for a time that is at least two weeks later. You will also be asked a series of questions
1) Do you have any symptoms?
2 )Have you been sick in the last 4 days?
3) Have you been exposed to anyone that has been sick?If you answer yes to any of these questions we will be forced to re-book your appointment.
- Upon entering the shop, you will go directly to the styling chair with your stylist who will immediately provide you with sanitizer to disinfect your hands.
- If any customer is feeling unwell in advance of their appointment, please reschedule your visit with your stylist/barber at your earliest opportunity for a period of two weeks. Each stylist will be modifying their cancellation policies to accommodate this at this time and will advise you individually.
Please know how very important providing excellent service is to us. These new measures we are taking are temporary until we can get back to the high pampering standards that you have come to expect from us. We hope that this moment will happen sooner rather than later!
We sincerely appreciate your support. This situation has certainly brought on some challenges, but we are determined to rise to the occasion with a positive attitude and high level of professionalism. As these circumstances are ever changing, they will require our constant attention and reevaluation. We ask that you please be patient with us as we make the necessary adjustments.
Thank you for your business and working with us to keep our community healthy and safe.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Salon Bleu.